Men's Hair Care Routine for Any Hair Type
We couldn’t be more proud of you for mastering your beard care routine. That fuzz is looking fresh, my guy. But you didn’t think we’d let you out without a winning mane to match, did you?
Straight hair? We got you. Waves? We’re grabbing our boards. Curly coils? He’s electric. Got some kinks? Don’t we all?
We’re giving you the play-by-play of men’s hair care routine success. Read on for the best hair care routine for men with straight, wavy, curly, and kinky hair.
The Supply Lineup
First, let’s talk men’s grooming supplies. If you want healthy hair, you’re going to need a quality shampoo—or 2-in-1 if you’re into the whole convenience thing—and a few other tools to round out the routine.
- Shampoo – It sets the foundation, so stick to the good stuff.
- Conditioner – A 2-in-1 is probably sounding pretty appealing right about now.
- Beard wash – Please, we beg of you, don’t go near the beard with regular shampoo.
- A bath towel – Optional if you’re more of an all-natural guy—respect.
- Hair product of your choice – Gel, wax, pomade, you get the idea.
We’re about to comb over our expert hair care tips for straight, wavy, curly, and kinky hair. We hope it goes without saying, but every routine should include head hair and beard hair.
For Straight or Wavy Hair
Straight and wavy hair makes for a hair routine men tend to appreciate—an easy one. Before mastering your straight or wavy hair care routine, we suggest first nailing the cut. A cut that feels and flows right will make hair styling all the breezier.
A couple of classic straight-or-wavy styles to consider:
- The short fringe
- The Gosling fade
- The blow-dried quaff
- The middle part shag
- The high top
Hair Care Routine for Straight or Wavy Hair
Now presenting your routine for slow-walking through gawking crowds forever:
For Curly Hair
Curly hair strikes a look all on its own—that ladies usually can’t resist. It’s best not to get in the way of your natural Chalamet. Give those coils what they need, and they’ll do the work.
A few things curls need on the regular:
- Extra moisture to tame frizzy hair
- Protection against humid environments
- A stronger styling product to smooth style
Hair Care Routine for Curly Hair
Make your way to curly hair mastery by following these tips.
For Kinky Hair
You’ll see kinky or afro-textured hair rocked close to the scalp or several inches out—and it’s all good. Like straighter hair, the maintenance largely depends on the starting style.
A few kinky hairstyles that make an entrance:
- The clean-cut buzz
- The classic fade
- Braids for days
- The immaculate afro
Hair Care Routine for Kinky Hair
No matter the style, that dreamy, coarse, thick hair is highly prone to breakage, so proper care is vital to showing off this uniquely fresh look.
Get into your Hair Flow with The Beard Club
Let’s face it, guys. Hair care is about more than just the beard (even though the beard is a wildly crucial part). Caring for all the hair gracing that gorgeous crown of yours brings the whole look together.
We created Beard Club as an unassuming, unobtrusive space for dudes to be dudes—which we felt the men’s hair and beard space was painfully lacking. We’ve got quality beard products, no-fuss bundles, information for days, and no B.S.
Oh, and did we mention our new 2-in-1 Shampoo & Conditioner is finally here? Our wives have been deep-sniffing our scalps for weeks. And, of course, treat that face lace to the good life with our top-rated beard oil jam-packed with nourishing ingredients, such as essential oils to help support beard growth.
- Dapper & Done. HOW TO CHOOSE: HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN WITH KINKY HAIR. https://dapperanddone.com/blogs/done-done-1/103930758-how-to-choose-hair-products-for-men-with-kinky-hair
- Live About. How to Manage Coarse Hair for Men. https://www.liveabout.com/how-to-manage-coarse-hair-2326455
- Cool Mens Hair. How to Care for Mens Straight Hair. https://coolmenshair.com/care-for-mens-straight-hair/