How to Use Beard Balm: Step-By-Step Guide
What is beard balm, you may ask? Beard balm is one of the most versatile beard products on the market today. That’s because it’s packed with skin benefits while also being a boon to any beard. You can thank ingredients like shea butter and essential oils for beard growth for that.
We didn’t stutter when we said any beard.
Starter beards. Short beards. Medium beards. Long beards. Curly beards. Itchy beards. COVID beards. Suave-as-Idris-Elba beards. The dual-acting finesse of beard balm gives you both a moisturizer and a controller in one—for all beard styles.
How to Use Beard Balm Properly
Nice to meet you, Bond, James. We’re Beard Balm, How To Use. You’ve come to the right place. In this step-by-step guide, we’ll walk you through everything from how to apply beard balm, how much beard balm to use, when to use it, and how to massage it into your routine.
Step 1: Prep Your Beard and Skin
The first step to starting out with beard balm is to prep your beard and the skin beneath it to ensure the product works its best. You’ll also want to take a moment to assess your beard and skin to make sure it’s well-suited for beard balm.
Check these boxes before applying your beard balm:
Step 2: Apply The Beard Balm
Once that handsome lower half of your face is clean, dry, and clear, you’re ready to apply the beard balm. It’s going to get to work right away on moisturizing before it shapeshifts into a tiny award-winning French sculptor to perfect the look. Oui oui.
The process takes:
- Use the back of your thumbnail to scrape a pea-sized amount onto your thumb - Even if you’re rocking The Hagrid, trust us: start small. It’s much easier to add than to taketh away. Bonus: The backward scrape method prevents product from squatting under your nails.
- Rub the balm between your fingertips - You need only do this for a few seconds until the balm warms. It will feel thin and oily at this point—and if you’ve scored yourself a favorable-smelling balm, like cedar or sandalwood, go ahead and take a nice, long whiff.
- Gently massage the balm into your skin and beard hair with your fingers - The goal is to evenly distribute the product from root to tip. For longer beards, work your fingertips through from back to front, Wolverine style. Don’t be afraid to really massage that conditioning power into your skin.1 Tip: use a beard brush to make sure the beard care product is evenly distributed throughout.
- Sculpt and refine your beard - Once the balm is evenly distributed, it’s time to harness its sculpting power to style your beard. Pat and massage as needed to refine stray hair and shape focal points. If, at this point, your beard could use more hold, try adding a touch more balm.
- Use a beard comb to complete the look - To seal in that buttery goodness, lightly work a beard comb through your beard. This will give it extra volume and flexibility while still maintaining its hold.
Step 3: Sculpt a Routine Like a Pro
You can see now why we say beard balm is truly for every beard and beard-graced occasion. It’s that easy. Now, all that’s left is to work your new beard balm mastery into your regular routine.
When to Use Beard Balm
Because beard balm is so easy and quick to use, you can really use it at any time. We love using beard balm daily in the morning for lotion-like moisture and a casual hold that glides through the day, but you can add it anytime you need more moisture or hold.
How Often to Use Beard Balm
This will vary depending on facial hair thickness, facial hair length, skin dryness, and lifestyle, so test to find the best frequency for you. Some use it daily, while others use it every couple of days. Regular use will help to keep your beard hair soft and manageable.
What Products to Pair with Beard Balm
Beard balm is so diverse that it often doesn’t need a lot of help. If you’ve got especially unruly hairs, you may want to couple beard balm with beard oil—sparingly. If your beard needs extra conditioning, use a beard cream or beard butter before the balm to enhance hydration. Using these men’s grooming products is a surefire way to combat beard itch, beard dandruff, ingrown hairs, and dry skin, while also promoting healthy beard growth.
Up Your Beard Game with The Beard Club
Achieving a soft, controlled, and healthy beard has never been easier. Beard balm is an inexpensive and highly effective product for every beard.
Here at The Beard Club, we’re no-nonsense about beard stuff. We pride ourselves on using high-quality, natural ingredients that leave you feeling good and don’t break the bank. Here, you’re not just purchasing a beard product. You’re being welcomed into an entire community of newcomers and aficionados alike.
Get started with our solo beard balms, or build your routine with our community-loved beard grooming kits. Shop with confidence, knowing our entire collection of beard products is backed by over 6,000 5-star reviews.
- Upjourney. Benefits of Beard Oil and Balm, According to 11 Experts. https://upjourney.com/benefits-of-beard-oil-and-balm